Happy New Year!!
I feel like this is the part where I inform you about all that I accomplished or didn't accomplish in 2011, and then discuss my resolutions for 2012. But quite frankly, I'm kind of sick of hearing about resolutions. In my opinion (and I agree with my friend, Donloree), if you want something badly enough, you won't wait until the first of the year to start it. Every day is a clean slate, and a perfect time to start something new.
So with that out of the way, let's get on with life! What's going on in my world lately? Well, not a whole heckuva lot, to be honest. That's why I haven't been writing as often; I'm really not doing anything exciting! But here are a few (not-so-exciting) things in Kari's World.
- I tried Greek food for the first time on New Years' Eve, and discovered I like it! J and I went out to dinner with some good friends who recommended the restaurant, and we had a wonderful time with great conversation and delicious food.
- I somehow found myself in a Lululemon store this afternoon (I swear, I just happened to wander in! Ha!). I'm not really in need of any workout clothes right now (can you believe I just said that?!), so I just browsed around. And wandered into the Sale rack (hey, how'd that rack manage to step in front of me?). I walked out of the store with a new (very cute!) sports bra that actually accentuates (instead of flattens) my chest. Score!
- Yesterday as I was eyeing the workout pants at Old Navy, J suggested I try on an "active" jacket. He reminded me that I don't have one, to which I replied, "It's not a LACK of a jacket; it's intentional. I don't have any because I don't WEAR them." I begrudgingly tried it on ... and lo and behold, I actually liked it! The cut was flattering and non-traditional, and I have to admit, I could use it to stay warm when I first begin my workouts. I wore it today. :)
- I haven't been doing morning cardio on week days. For some reason, I've been staying up WAY too late (I blame J and the stupid, ridiculous 40" television in the bedroom), so I've been sleeping through my alarmSSS (I have 3 of them). Should I make a resolution to go to bed on time so I can get up on time so I can get my cardio in? Naaaww.
- I weighed myself for the first time in awhile on Friday evening. I was about 5 lbs less than I'd expected. Woot! I'm not following a diet at this time (holiday snacks are SO delish!), but I haven't been overeating. It just goes to show that portion size actually does make a difference!
Well, that's about all that's new (and not-so-exciting) in my world. I hope 2012 is off to a great start for you!
Did you make any New Years' resolutions? If so, what are they? What's new in YOUR world?